Thursday, May 23, 2013
Monday, May 6, 2013
Every single time I visited my Grandma Randall this pie was waiting for me in her refrigerator.
She called it "Your Special Pie"!
And it is indeed, a special pie, known to most people as a French Chocolate Pie.
It is fairly easy to make and absolutely delicious!
- 1/2 cup butter (softened)
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 2 squares of unsweetened chocolate
- 2 eggs
- 1 large container of cool whip (3 cups)
- 1 graham cracker crust
- pecans, finely chopped
- Melt the squares of unsweetened chocolate in a heat proof container in the microwave (microwave a few seconds at a time until melted). Set aside to cool.
- Cream the butter and sugar together
- Stir in the cooled chocolate
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating 5 minutes after each addition at high speed
- Fold in thawed cool whip
- Pour into graham cracker crust and sprinkle with finely chopped pecans over the top
- Chill until firm about two hours
For more information about Baking with Melissa check out: www.bakingwithmelissa.com
|THE BEST CHOCOLATE PIE I HAVE EVER HAD!!!!!|
You may also like my Grandma's recipe for Rocky Road Candy