This recipe for Mississippi Mud Cake is so EASY to make and it will surely WOW all of your guests at your next social event or party!
Update: 9/4/13 Thanks to all of you on Pinterest re-pining this recipe!!!
This is my highest re-pinned recipe on Pinterest right now. :)
Ingredients for the cake:
- 1 cup of melted butter (or 1 stick of butter and 1 stick of margarine)
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 large eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 (10.5-ounce) bag miniature marshmallows
- 1 (16 oz) package powdered sugar, sifted
- 1/2 c. milk
- 1/4 c. butter, softened
- 1/3 c. unsweetened cocoa
- Pre-heat oven to 350° degrees
- Whisk together melted butter and next 5 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Stir in flour and chopped pecans.
- Spread batter (it will be thick) into a greased and floured 15- x 10-inch jellyroll pan (or use a deep dish cookie sheet).
- Bake at 350° for 20 to 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Note: Reduce the temperature by 25 degrees if you are using a dark pan.
- Remove from oven; top warm cake evenly with marshmallows.
- Return to oven, and bake 5 minutes.
- Make Chocolate Frosting: Beat all ingredients together with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Drizzle Chocolate Frosting over warm cake.
- Let the cake cool completely before cutting into squares!
HERE'S A TIP FOR THOSE OF YOU IN A HURRY: You can also use 2 (19.5-ounce) packages of brownie mix instead of making the brownies from scratch.
You may also like my recipe for Rocky Road Candy
or Caramel Fudge Brownies
Baking with Melissa hosts baking parties and cupcake decorating parties in Los Angeles and the surrounding areas. Follow Baking with Melissa on Instagram and Facebook!