Wednesday, November 16, 2011

ROCKY ROAD CANDY


  My Grandma's Rocky Road Candy


The holidays always have me daydreaming about spending time in the kitchen with my Grandmother! Everything she made tasted like a little piece of heaven. Today, I want to share my favorite no bake recipe that my Grandmother always had at her house during the holidays.

                  A Sinfully Sweet Chocolate Treat!   



THE INGREDIENTS :

1- 12oz Pkg of Semi-Sweet Choc. Morsels
1-14 oz can Sweetened Condensed Milk
2- Tbsp of Butter
2- Cups of Salted Spanish Peanuts
1- 10 1/2 Pkg of Mini Marshmallow

  • On top of double boiler, over boiling water, melt chocolate, condensed milk and butter. 
  • Remove From Heat   
  • In a large bowl, combine nuts and marshmallows;  Fold in chocolate mixture  
  • Spread in a buttered 9X13 pan. 
  • Chill for 2 hours or until firm- cut into squares and store at room temperature. 
Note: You can also place liners in a muffin pan and make rocky road cupcakes!

Rocky Road!!
Photos taken By Baking with Melissa

                                  
So easy to make! And a perfect treat for the holidays!

Please "Like" Baking with Melissa on Facebook! 


Here is another recipe you may like:
  
My famous Mississippi Mud Cake!








4 comments:

  1. Hi Melissa - love your blog/recipes. I'm making this rocky road candy for my grandson in the Marines. I will drop into mini-muffin wrappers for ease in handling and shipping to him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH! I love that!!! Thanks for sharing! I am sure he will LOVE receiving such a wonderful treat in the mail! Both of my parents were career military officers...so there is a special place in my heart for the military men/women out there! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Thank you Melissa for sharing , might you have the recipe for the U-NO candy bars ? If so please share with me ! Again Thank You !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SO much!! I do not have that recipe, but I will look into it!

      Delete