These are THE BEST chocolate treats I have EVER made! They are always a HUGE hit!
You can make these so many different ways!
|Photos taken by Baking with Melissa|
- 1 (18.25) package chocolate cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 (12 oz) package semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups peanut butter chips or chocolate chips or candies like M&M's (optional but HIGHLY recommended)
1) Preheat oven to 325 degrees
2) Combine cake mix, melted butter, peanut butter, and eggs in a large bowl using a mixer or spoon. Stir in 1 cup of peanut butter chips. Press the mixture into a 9X13 pan (sprayed with non-stick spray or use non-stick foil) reserving 1 and 1/2 cup of the mixture to crumble on top.
3) In a small pot, melt chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk, and butter. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla.
4) Spread chocolate mixture over the mixture pressed in the pan and then crumble the 1 1/2 cups of reserved cake mixture on top evenly.
5) Add remaining peanut butter chips or candies to the top.
6) Bake for 20-25 minutes. Cool COMPLETELY (about 4 hours) before cutting into bars.
|I was impatient and did not wait for the fudge center to completely cool!|
Tip: Make the day before you want to serve them so the fudge center really sets! Or you can refrigerate them for a couple of hours! They taste good either way, but when the fudge was thick and completely set it made a WORLD of difference!
NOTE: Instead of the peanut butter chips as a mix in....you can sub them out with Reese's Pieces or M&M's!!! See the photos below!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge Bars....mmmmmmmm
Please "LIKE" Baking with Melissa on Facebook!
Look how pretty they are!!