Sunday, February 5, 2012

Salads can be SO good!


If you know me, you know I have a HUGE sweet tooth! 
But did you know that my next favorite food is salad?
HUGE salads topped with all kinds of beautiful colorful veggies?
When most people think of salad they think BORING!
Who wants to eat iceberg lettuce and soggy tomatoes!?
All you have to do is add some color and lots of crunch and your boring old salads will be AMAZING!


Presentation helps too!

Here is what I was using today!

I like to use either Spinach or Romaine lettuce (sometimes a spring mix)
I usually add cucumbers, apples, tomatoes, celery, bell peppers, green onions, sunflower seeds (or other nuts), broccoli or broccoli slaw,  pea shoots, avocado, carrots (not often), low fat feta (if not using avocados), and whatever other crunchy veggies I have in my refrigerator, I will often add black beans or garbanzo beans to my salads as well.
They key is to make your salad colorful and large (to fill you up) 
and full of tasty veggies and fruits that you enjoy! 
I try to use Organic fruits and veggies as much as possible, but we all know how pricey that can be at times! So make sure, at the very least, you wash everything well! 
Then start adding your layers and pick out a "Light" dressing so you do not add hundreds of unwanted calories to your low calorie meal!

This is my current favorite dressing!




No comments:

Post a Comment