Saturday, March 31, 2012

PINK BUTTERCREAM FROSTED BROWNIES FOR EASTER

I love the color PINK! If everything could just be bright and pretty I would be one happy girl! In the meantime, I can just make beautiful baked goods to make me smile! And boy do these do the job!

I baked the brownies in this "bar" pan that I got for Christmas! 

It was the same as baking in an 8 or 9 inch pan


The Brownies: (don't have chocolate squares or want to make a 9x13 pan recipe?!? Check out my FAVORITE BROWNIE RECIPE HERE!)

  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup of sugar
  • 3/4 cup of flour
  • pinch of salt
  • 1 tsp of vanilla
  • 1/2 stick of butter OR margarine (I used margarine for these to make them more fudgy)
  • 2 squares of unsweetened baking chocolate
  • 1 cup of semi sweet chocolate chips 

Beat eggs and sugar together. Add flour, salt and vanilla. Melt chocolate and butter together in the microwave and stir until smooth. Mix all together well, add chocolate chips and put in a greased 8 inch square pan or brownie bar pan. Bake at 350 degrees (or 325 degrees if using a darker pan) for about 20-25 minutes. Do not over bake! Cool completely before frosting or cutting into squares.



The PINK Buttercream Frosting:

  • 1 stick of butter
  • 1/2 box of powdered sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1-2 tbsp of milk
  • PINK food coloring (YAY!)
  • Sprinkles or fun Easter Candies (YAY)!
  • Mix ingredients together and frost away!!!


I used the SPECKLED PLAIN EASTER M&M'S since they are shaped like little eggs!

Nicely packaged up in Wilton cupcake boxes that I found at Bed Bath and Beyond!










HAPPY EASTER

Please "Like" Baking with Melissa on Facebook! 
Check out my new website for more recipes, sweet treats, and Kids' Baking Parties in Los Angeles HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment