I love the color GREEN! And I LOVE buttercream frosting!! Yum! I have been
- 1 White Cake Mix (in order to make it taste more "homemade" follow this)
- 1 cup of butter milk (or box directions 1 cup of water)
- 1/3 cup of oil
- 4 eggs (or box directions)
- Mix ingredients together and then add green food coloring a little at a time until you achieve the desired shade
- Line mini cupcake pan with cute little liners
- Fill each liner with 1 tbsp of batter (this made 72 mini cupcakes)
- Preheat oven to 350 and bake for 10 minutes
While the cupcakes are cooling...
make this amazing Buttercream frosting
- 2 sticks of unsalted butter (softened)
- 4 cups of powdered sugar
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- 1/4 tsp of salt (only if using unsalted butter)
- 2-3 tbsp of milk
- Cream butter until smooth
- Slowly add in powdered sugar one cup at a time and add in salt, vanilla and add milk as needed.
Note: I split my frosting in half and added some green food coloring to it and left the rest white. I used a piping bag and a Wilton STAR TIP 1M to apply my icing, but you can frost them any way you like! I made this YOUTUBE FROSTING TUTORIAL for you in case you want some lessons on how to do this yourself! Don't forget to add the sprinkles!
HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!