Friday, March 16, 2012

(Easy) Saint Patrick's Day Cupcakes!!!


I love the color GREEN! And I LOVE buttercream frosting!! Yum! I have been looking at drooling over various bloggers all week creating the most beautiful sweet treats for Saint Patrick's Day and decided I wanted to join in on the fun! Here is an easy "almost homemade" cupcake recipe!  These cupcakes turned out so moist and wonderful, your guests will never know that they are only "almost homemade"!

Ingredients:

  • 1 White Cake Mix (in order to make it taste more "homemade" follow this)
  • 1 cup of butter milk (or box directions 1 cup of water)
  • 1/3 cup of oil
  • 4 eggs (or box directions)
Directions:

  1. Mix ingredients together and then add green food coloring a little at a time until you achieve the desired shade
  2. Line mini cupcake pan with cute little liners
  3. Fill each liner with 1 tbsp of batter (this made 72 mini cupcakes)
  4. Preheat oven to 350 and bake for 10 minutes

While the cupcakes are cooling...
make this amazing Buttercream frosting

Ingredients:

  • 2 sticks of unsalted butter (softened)
  • 4 cups of powdered sugar
  • 1 tsp of vanilla
  • 1/4 tsp of salt (only if using unsalted butter)
  • 2-3 tbsp of milk
Directions:
  1. Cream butter until smooth
  2. Slowly add in powdered sugar one cup at a time and add in salt, vanilla and add milk as needed. 

Note: I split my frosting in half and added some green food coloring to it and left the rest white. I used a piping bag and a Wilton STAR TIP 1M to apply my icing, but you can frost them any way you like! I made this YOUTUBE FROSTING TUTORIAL for you in case you want some lessons on how to do this yourself! Don't forget to add the sprinkles!

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment