- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 bag or 1 cup of semi-sweet mini chocolate chips (if you don't have mini chips use the regular size)
- 1 sleeve of Girl Scout Thin Mint Cookies (crushed)
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray non-stick spray into a 9x13 pan or 2 (24 count mini muffin pans).
- In small saucepan over low heat, melt butter completely. Stir in sugar and continue cooking for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly. Do not allow sugar mixture to boil.
- Pour butter mixture into a large bowl or stand mixer, beat in cocoa powder, eggs, salt, baking powder, and vanilla extract. Mix until well combined.
- Stir in the flour and chocolate chips/Thin Mint Cookie pieces until well combined.
- Spread into prepared pan or use a small cookie scoop to put batter in mini muffin pans (Note: batter will be very thick and sticky) and bake 25 in the 9x13 pan (do not over bake) or 8 minutes in the mini muffin pans (if you like fudge brownies bake on lower end). Cool on a wire rack.
- If you want chocolate buttercream frosting: Beat together two sticks of softened butter, slowly add in 4 cups of powdered sugar, 1 tsp of vanilla (or 1/2 tsp peppermint extract), a pinch of sea salt, 1/4 cup coco powder and add 2-4 Tbsp of milk as needed. Pipe or frost onto brownies. Add sprinkles or top with remaining Thin Mint Cookies or Peppermint Patties pieces!
|THIN MINT BROWNIE CUPS!!!|